- Cut out any meat and animal proteins (eggs and dairy). This will help to cleanse the liver and to activate new energy for deep detox processes.
- At breakfast time use rice milk, barley coffee, gluten free cereals, fresh seasonal fruit.
- Start your lunch and dinner with a big bowl of organic fresh seasonal raw vegetables. Dress with a little extra virgin olive oil and few drops of lemon juice. These salads will supply your body with essential vitamins and minerals and will help you to lose weight. You can add a tablespoon of yeast flakes (rich in Vitamin B complex) and sunflower seeds and/or almonds or walnuts.
- Introduce brown rice, millet, hamaranth and quinoa (glutein free cereals) in your meals. Avoid pasta.
- Between meals you can have little snacks of fresh organic seasonal fruit.
- Start drinking freshly made organic vegetable/fruit juices. Add to them a bit of ginger to help the digestion and also some pineapple for its anti-inflammatory properties.
- Drink plenty of fresh pure water and herbal teas (3 cups daily) made from a blend of nettle, burdock, marigold, horsetail and couchgrass.
- You can also help the detox activity using a homeopathic remedy prescribed by a professional homeopath.
- After the first week start using a good pre-biotic (for 1 week) and then a good probiotic (for 2-3 weeks) to rebalance your gut.
For my recommended skincare tips to accompany the above diet, read the following:
Dr Mariano Spiezia